We understand how difficult it can be to find interesting vegetarian meals to try, and even more so when you’re eating from set menus at a wedding or a party.
If you’re a vegetarian, you might approach menus with some reluctance – after all, when Quorn, soya, or any other meat substitute is a staple of your diet, eating veggie food concocted by someone else can be a struggle. Who just wants salads or soups?
That’s why we’re committed to providing fun and fresh vegetarian food across all of our menus. We want to deliver great meals that everyone will love, whether you eat meat or not.
So we’ve listed 34 of our popular vegetarian meals from across our range of menus to show you what canapés and main courses you could enjoy the next time a Spiros party is in town. No longer will you have to worry about offending the host or going home hungry – with us, you know you’ll get a good square meal!
Our vegetarian canapés are bite-sized veggie snacks you can enjoy without filling up too much before a main course.
- Goats’ cheese & caramelised onion tart with walnut dressing
- Stilton & walnut filo pastry
- Mini cups of soup with croutons
- Cherry tomato, basil & baby mozzarella
- Mini Welsh Devil rarebit with a sticky onion marmalade
- Sun blushed tomato, feta and basil filo parcels
Our vegetarian appetisers range from French to Italian to British, providing that perfect nibble before the mains come out.
- Mushrooms in a garlic, cream & black peppercorn sauce served over a French bread crouton
- Homemade broccoli & stilton soup
- Homemade carrot & coriander soup
- Roasted pepper parcel with savoury rice and goats’ cheese
- French onion soup slow-cooked caramelised onions, with gruyere & parmesan crouton
- Summer Italian pasta salad with pine nuts, wilted spinach and parmesan shavings
- Welsh goats’ cheese, roast beetroot salad and pine nuts
- Garlic mushrooms, creamy Perl Las Sauce and toasted bread
- Curried parsnip soup with onion bhaji and coriander
- Roasted vine tomato & red pepper soup with Welsh goats’ cheese croute and basil
- Wild mushroom risotto with hazelnuts and watercress
- Cream of white onion soup with Caerphilly cheese fritters and sage
Our vegetarian main courses cross the continents, featuring locally-sourced Welsh food to Greek-inspired Mediterranean dishes.
- Saffron, potato & chive soup with Caerphilly cheese fritters
- Traditional Welsh Cawl with Caerphilly cheese croutons
- Tintern & red onion tart served with sautéed portobello mushrooms & garlic butter
- Sweet chilli tartin, new potatoes, rocket & parmesan
- Open vegetable lasagne with a goat’s cheese & basil crust
- Filo parcel filled with mediterranean vegetables, olives & feta
- Mediterranean vegetable wellington
- Classic cauliflower cheese
- Briami of Greek oven-roasted vegetables finished with feta
- Linguine with pesto and French beans with parmesan shavings
- Gnocchi with tomato sauce, spinach and ricotta
- Saag aloo potato and a mild-medium curry cooked in butter with spinach and potatoes
- Vegetable moussaka
- Gnocchi with “Black Bomber” cheddar
- Roasted butternut squash with white onion veloute and crispy sage
- Mediterranean vegetable stuffed pepper with sautéed potatoes, cous cous, herbed crumb and provençale sauce
From new ways of implementing ingredients to putting a twist on a stale classic, we like to produce tasty and healthy vegetarian food that even meat-eaters would love!
Our vegetarian dishes can be found across all of our menus, from our Cornerstone-specific catering to our flexible wedding food.
Want to hire our catering services for your next big event?
Like this post? Try some others…
- 5 different ways to serve food at your wedding
- 15 unique wedding food ideas for a memorable day
- The best restaurants in Cardiff, as chosen by the Spiros team
Get foodie news like this sent straight to your inbox when you sign up to our monthly newsletter.